Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

RECOVERY MODE IN IBIZA

WEATHER: Cool and RAINY!!!!  Oh no I hear you say – 17C
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Not having any set plans
BUMMER OF THE DAY:  It’s raining in Ibiza bitch
BUYS OF THE DAY: 20EUR for a jug of Sangria – seems good value after 17EUR drinks at the club
WORD OF THE DAY:  Platha Mayor – again I know but it’s still funny
Well after getting home at 5am this morning, Marc and I decided to meet at 11am and get in some beach time.  He had a mankini he wanted to bust out down at the beach and I was happy to tag along for a laugh and official photographer.  Well you can imagine our disappointment when we woke at 11am to see grey skies and RAIN!  Our second, and last beach stop, and both times it rained the whole day.  Blast and damn it.  We missed breakfast, so we headed to BK (Burger King) and stocked up on some carbs to give us the kick start we needed to get through the day.  We took a walk around the old city, and of all places, we stopped in at the Crocs shop and I bought a new pair of crocs.  They are like a thong, but have a wedge, so I think I will be able to wear them as night shoes as well as day shoes.  It gives me another pair of shoes and it is nice to be able to wear something different after wearing 3 pairs of the same shoes for 2 months.  It is my first BIG purchase that takes up room in my bag, so hopefully when I add back in my Madrid stuff it will all fit in.  I really don’t have much room to make purchases like that.  We will have to see how that goes.

So I died in the arse around 1.30pm – so we headed back to the hotel, where I went back to my room to update my blog, which I was 4 days behind, and get some shut eye, I was dog tired, and Marc got another travel buddy in Cherry and they went down to some of the beaches to check them out.  The weather was really crappy and they all got stuck in a storm, so I am glad I just did the woo-ssy thing and went back to the hotel.  After 3 hours sleep, I felt like a new woman.  I got ready for 6pm, where Marc and I were going to have some pre-dinner drinks, but he had a medical emergency with his sinus’s so we had to get him ready and drugged up in time for dinner.

We travelled to the other side of the island for dinner at Sant Antonio, which was a 22EUR cab fare and around 20 minute drive.  The main purpose was to get a beautiful sunset picture from over there, as it is the western side of the island.  But with the crappy day we had, we weren’t sure what type of sunset, if any, we would get.  We ate at a café called Savannah that looked right onto the water and at 8.50pm, we got a small glimpse of an Ibiza sunset.  The rain held off, which was lucky as we were dining alfresco and the meal was awesome, the staff were awesome and of course the company was also awesome.  What a great way to end our 2 nights in Ibiza – a good meal and a glass of Sangria in the hand.

Back to the other side and by this time it is 11pm.  I am in Ibiza and I cannot go to bed, even though it sounded awesome and I could easily have done it, we headed back to the Street of Sharks with Rach, Marc and Andrew and then the rest of the group joined us after they had some drinks in their rooms ( way cheaper)  I left at 1am, and I was boarder line on staying, I was so close, but I figured with a 2 hour ferry ride tomorrow, I should cut my losses and head home for some sleep.  We did stop at a kebab shop on the way home, and I am happy to report that this one had no chance of re-surfacing and it was AWESOME.

I blogged and read till 3am – 6-8 hours’ sleep currently a thing of the past.  Apparently I only need 3-4 hours to make it through the day and be functional.  Thanks body for keeping up – just, oh and my liver.  I promise (hope and pray) that you will get a rest in approximately 3 weeks, when I hit Morocco.  Different place and a different kind of tour – if not then my 2 weeks in Portugal and London will be the next rest (give or take a night catching up with Contiki-ers) otherwise Africa – surely that won’t be a drink-a-thon?

Special mention today goes to Bree – who half blind walked into a tattoo place to try and get a tattoo. He replied she was too drunk, so she settled for a piercing in the lip instead.  Apparently this is acceptable to do blind drunk, but easily more reversible than a tat I suppose.  Being a Greek posse member and I will also be catching up with her in London in July and doing a show, I will keep her close to my side.

IBIZA NEEDS TO SEEN TO BE BELIEVED

Not really sure how I would feel being there in peak peak season.  There certainly were a lot of ‘different’ individuals walking around, and some of the dress attire was pretty special – but my mum always said if you got flaunt it, and that is exactly what some people did.

IBIZA WAS AWESOME  J


No comments:

Post a Comment