Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Monday, June 20, 2011

THE IOS DRINKFEST CONTINUES

WEATHER: Hot and 31C
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Sailing around Ios on a Pirate ship
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Not eating any food all day – but kept the liquids up
BUYS OF THE DAY: My 5EUR beers that kept getting handed to me as I swam in the Agean Sea
WORD OF THE DAY: How brown do I look?

Well after getting home smashed at 4am, I had to be up at reception at 10am for our pirate ship boat cruise.  I have to say that I think I was still drunk, so no time for breakfast just a quick shower and down to the port. 

The pirate ship was pretty cool.  It was an old rigged tall sail ship that, motored out to a swim spot and then a secluded lunch spot before bringing us back to the mainland.  As I was still a little drunk, why stop drinking, we are in Ios after all, so even though I skipped breakfast, I started on the beers.  It was midday somewhere in the world right? 

The details on the timings etc are only a guess-timation, as I had no idea what time we pulled up for the swim spot or what time we actually arrived at the beach either.  I do remember saying to Ed that I just don’t swim in the ocean ( you know BIG MASSIVE man eating sharks live there ) and he said well you will have a long wait as we are going to be here for a few hours and we had to swim into shore as it was literally a secluded beach with a tarp erected for some shade.  Crap.. Okay, so I jumped in the water with every intention of getting out at the beach, but the water was so cool, and blue and inviting I thought I would stay in a while longer – yep Miss I Don’t Swim in the Ocean gal.  Well that little while longer turned out to be 3.5 hours I believe!  I didn’t leave the ocean once, not for lunch or another drink, as the guys on the boat were more than happy to keep feeding me beer from the side of the boat when I had an empty!  Now how is that for service! So I just lolled and swam and drank my beers in the Agean Sea all afternoon!  I had on no sunscreen at all – but once I get some colour to my skin, I will generally start to brown – but too bad anyways as I would have re-applied.  AND guess what – no man eating shark came for me either!

We headed home just after 4pm – and I went straight to bed to get 3 hours sleep, before we headed back into Ios town for our final dinner and a few more drinks.  Can one ever hasve too many drinks.  I do believe the answer to that is yes and we will soon find out.

Ed does the final dinner in Ios on our second last night, as generally everyone is buggered when you get back to Athens and it’s also cheaper.  So our last party night together as a family and the Greek Posse.  I’m going to miss you guys – but lets have a great night tonight before we even think about our good-byes.  The drinks at the dinner were 2 for 6EUR – why does it always have to be so cheap?  We then headed back to the Fun Bar – where I did promise the group if I made the 10,000 hits on the blog OI would shout them all a shot.  So I ordered 7 Canabis shots for 21EUR and also got a free t-shirt for my troubles.  Starting a night with shots can’t be good can it.  We also had a jelly shot here aswell.  Bad bad move I hear you say!  I was getting over the cocktails a little, so bacvk to the free piur vodka and cokes for me – man I have missed you.
We went bar hopping again and visited about another 5 bars.  Some were busy, some we had to make our own fun, but one worth the mention and I don’t have the name of it, they were offering 1EUR shots!  Now is that INSANE or what?  Can’t let an offer like that go past – right?

Well the same as last night, my memory of things went downhill rapidly.  I did fall over earlier in the night, but no major damage was done at this point, I just hurt my toe.  Ios town reminds me a little of Dubrovnik, where there are stone steps and little alley ways everywhere.  So it is hard enough sober to negotiate, let alone a few drinks under ones belt.  I know I never stopped having a drink in my hand, I was hassling Ed, as I always seem to do calling him shifty and Superman, telling the girls that I was ready to go home – NOT, and after every photo asking them all ‘how brown do I look?  You know it’s one of those jokes you keep telling people when your drunk and it gets funnier the more you drink – that was me – but I WAS funny…. Hey girls xx

Well Lisa was able to hand the reigns of getting me home to Danni tonight, with some help from Ed.
Apparently we had a chicken pie ( thanks Ed ) and we were just nearing the taxi rank, when I stacked it down 3 stairs and there was blood everywhere ( well according to a drunk Bernie ).  We caught the 5EUR taxi home, where Danni attempted to clean me up and appease me that I didn’t  have ‘blood everywhere’ with once again help from Ed.  At this point I think it was around 5am!  God I am embarrassing sometimes – but according to everyone I am a good drunk – so at least people get a good laugh right!? A few door knocks later, my neighbours mentioning hearing a loud crash after the clean up on my own, I settled into my drunken stupor!!!

Some of the other posse got in after me and they were doing body shots apparently.  Well this body aint madefor that and I am glad I didn’t get in on that action.

Ios I am enjoying our time together – but if I don’t leave soon – I’m not sure how much more I can take / drink. 


No comments:

Post a Comment