Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Monday, May 23, 2011

ON THE 55TH DAY I HAD TO REST

WEATHER: Cold and rainy
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Getting to sleep in till 10am  
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Swollen glands
BUYS OF THE DAY:  KFC for lunch – I know – but hell it was good
WORD OF THE DAY: - **cough, cough, cough** 
Well after getting home at 3.40am – I think we well and truly deserved a sleep in.  In saying that I did wake at 6.15am and thought for a micro second about going down in my PJ’s and saying good-bye to the suckers that had a 12 hour trip back to London, as I said it was a micro second and then I rolled over and went back to sleep.  Sorry guys.  I woke at 10am, so I did some ‘office’ work (it seems never ending) uploading, downloading and blogging!

I have woken with a really sore throat on my left side, along with a swollen gland and a Contiki cough.  So I have some hard core vitamin C, that you mix with water, so I hit the nasty with that all day, and I also gargled salt and I had some pills that I took in the vain to try and nip this sucker in the bud.  The last thing I need to is to get super sick, but it is inevitable that it was going to happen eventually.  I feel really lethargic as well, (maybe this is what people call run down?) So after doing a KFC run just up the road for a late lunch, I headed back to bed, with my alarm set for 4.30pm, as I just HAD to make the post office to send some goodies home – it was 2kg I didn’t need to carry tomorrow on an airline day.

I met Jaime, Scott, Sam, Kaia, Kyle and Lauren at 7pm in reception and we headed to a local pub, not far from the hotel for our last Irish dinner.  I tell you it certainly was the right pick, as you can imagine there are dozens of pubs to choose from, but it was large enough to fit all 7 of us at one table, they had a live 3 piece Irish band playing when we got there, and then they were followed by some Irish dancers (who were AWESOME, and the meals were HUGE!!!  I got my last opportunity for a bangers and mash meal, and it was MASSIVE, and the bomb.  It was a great way to end of the trip and also with great company.  We did think briefly about the bus guys, that they were just getting back as we sat down for dinner.  That is a killer day, I have done it myself from Paris to London, and I am sure they were all wrecked!

Jaime and Scott came back to my room and we have swapped all our photos.  Which I think is a great idea.  I had 1105, so I do apologize Scott for some of the fluff in there, and I hope that you got rid of the X-rated pictures that you gave me – I’ll let you know if you missed any……

So after airline packing my bag and more drugs to get me through the night, the light switched of at 11.45pm, with an alarm set for 5.15am the next morning to start my journey to Madrid tomorrow.

Too be sure, too be sure, Ireland should be on everyone’s list – I had a GRAND ol’ time……




No comments:

Post a Comment