Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 14, 2011

GOODBYE MY EUROPE CONTIKI-ERS

WEATHER:  Great in France – overcast in London ( shock )
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY :  We didn’t sleep in and nearly miss the bus!!!!
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Saying good-byes – it still sucks
BUYS OF THE DAY:  Travel day, so not much in this department today – how about the bottle of water on the ferry?
WORD OF THE DAY: - See you on Facebook…..
Well once again all good things must come to an end.  I am sure if we travelled for a further 4 weeks together it may have started to turn people a bit grumpy, 12 days is just a right amount of time to get to know each other and then when the tour finishes we are all still friends, if you get my drift?  I am not sure how much longer people could have out up with my subtle laugh anyway.

Some people were staying on in Paris, and not coming back with us to London.  Others were flying out of Paris that afternoon, so Contiki was kind enough to do an airport transfer for these guys on our way out of the city.  So we have a half coach for our travel day back to London.  Now I am a big believer of the ‘other side of the coin’ we have lost some comrades, but the upside is that we have extra room on the coach to SPREAD OUT!!!!  Woo hoo – but we still miss you guys……..really wed did………  J

We travelled for 3 hours from Paris, rest stop for Pete, another 2 hours and then we hit the port of Calais for the ferry back to the UK.  Passed through UK immigration no problems and then we had to sit in the bus for an hour till we could load onto our ferry.  Mark had a secret weapon up his sleeve called the DVD player, so we had a choice of 2 movies and Walk the Line won the vote and that helped pass the time, pretty much all the way back to London.  The ferry ride was smooth across the English Channel and the ride took only 90 minutes to find us back onto UK soil.  A further 2.5 hours found us back where we started 12 days ago at the Royal National Hotel.  5050km travelled is a BIG effort in 2 weeks and well done Pete for keeping is safe, even when the Maverick came out of you in Paris at the Arc de Triomphe, we were super lucky to get you!!!!

A special mention also has to go to our tour manager Mark.  I have done a truckload of tours in my travels and I have to say, besides Sam, who was our guide in India, Mark has to rate as one of the best dudes I have ever had.  Nothing was too much trouble and a smile was always on his dial. So cheers to you Mark for making the trip AWESOME ( as you love to say ) and I know I am not the only one who felt this way.  You have set a HIGH benchmark for the rest of my Contiki tours and the rest of my other tours as well buddy.  All was good in our hood………..

Another special mention also has to go to ChelC and Mags.  For being my personal Bernstar photographers on the trip.  We got some great shots and I literally couldn’t have got all the photos I did without you both.

As for the rest of my group, you guys, as I have said before ROCKED.  Groups can be a funny beast, and besides the tour manager, they can make or break a tour for people.  I was going to write a blurb on all of you personally, but figured that would take too long so thought I would just mention you by first name and where you are from.  Safe travels to you all, where ever your next destination may take you, and hope to keep in touch via Facebook and may see some of you again on my travels – it may not be the last you see of me!!!!!!!! – sorry………………

CONTIKI EUROPEAN DISCOVERY 2011 – in no particular order………
Veri and Giovana – Brazil
Anai and Lilian – Mexico
Mags – Canada
Eelaine and Douglas – Malaysia
Paalini and DG – Canada
Su – Singapore
Jesse – Australia
Nathan and Vanessa – Canada
Patrick and Regine – Malaysia
Soraya and Daiyaan – South Africa
Alla – USA
Edwin – USA
Allison and Bec – Australia
Anusha and Navin – South Africa
Greg and Mike – Australia
Hayden and Shantell – Australia
Pat – Australia
Kevin – New Zealand
Michelle and Angel – Canada
Harry, Gio, Eddie and Eddie – USA
Maria – Brazil
Amelia, Victoria, Edith and Jacqui – Canada
Lianni and Casey – Canada
David – Australia
CHELC – Australia
Elle and Zoe – Australia
Ada and Katie – Canada
Kristen – Australia
Jessie - Canada

DAY SONG: On The Floor by J-Lo featuring Pitbull
WAKEUP SONG: Sunchyme by Dario G
MOST ANNOYING SONG WE LOVED: Shut Upa Ya Face

2 comments:

  1. Tks for your remember Bernie!!! I´d like to invite you: If you come to Brasil, I´d love You come to my city and spend some days with me adn Gi!! It´s a small town, but I think you´ll enjoy it!! I loved your blog!!!! Kisses and miss !!!! "eu sinto saudade de você" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signed Veri - Brasil

    ReplyDelete