Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Monday, September 19, 2011

MY CAPE TOWN RETREAT

WEATHER: Rainy and cold till lunch time then sunshine and cold 20C average over the 3 days
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Cape Town is a beautiful city
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Cold weather sucks
My stay in Cape Town was pretty low key.  After arriving and doing the movies that day, my next few days were spent internet ting and getting some photos up onto Facebook while I had a good connection.  We were lucky the pizza shop’s Wi-Fi downstairs worked in our room, it was slower, but I was able to get some banking and emails sent on that connection at night after we had retired.

We did walk down to Waterfront Place one afternoon after the weather had cleared and it was good to get out.  It was a good 40 minute walk and that area is just stunning with the boats / ships in port with Table Mountain as a back drop again, which it seems to be for a lot of the city.  One of my days I also did some more chores, posting a package home, trying to get a haircut which was harder than expected and didn’t end up getting one and some washing was also done.  I’ll just have to go boofy with the hair for a few more weeks yet.  Oh well no one to impress so I guess it doesn’t matter right!  The guys went up Table Mountain on their last day, but I had been up there on my previous trip to Cape Town years before so I took the time to just walk to town and have a leisurely afternoon on my own.  It made a nice change and then caught up with them in the afternoon.

So it was good to be in one place for 4 whole nights and recharge the batteries.  Cape Town is a great city, it is safe, there is security everywhere, it has a great vibe and the shops and cafes in Long Street are all very hip and chic and groovy and to see everything I would recommend a minimum of at least 5 nights.  It truly is a beautiful city.

Cape Town was a great retreat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment