Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 28, 2011

BARCELONA – THE DAY THAT NEVER WAS

WEATHER:  Cabin temperature 25C
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY:  I’m alive
BUMMER OF THE DAY: I’m alive
BUYS OF THE DAY:  That damn drinks package still…….
First thing I thought when I woke – thank god my tour was cancelled!!!!
I woke at 9.30am and ChelC had somehow made her day tour at 8am.  I remember the days I could do that.  I guess I could do it at a push, like if I had of paid for the tour, I would have been there in body.  Hung over like a b@st@ard, but I’m alive and I had no day tour, so I can’t complain.
I got onto my blog writing, organized some washing ( I can get a bag washed for 20EUR ) and a quick tidy up of the cabin and read for a few hours.  ChelC was back at 1.30pm and we headed to lunch.  Because our ship leaves at 4pm – there were only half day tours organized for Barcelona – so I guess that explains all the people in the buffet for lunch.  It really was a shit fight in there, everyone pushing and shoving and no spare tables etc….. It was so busy!  But with no food in the stomach, I battled my way through and managed to load my plate and we found somewhere to sit outside.
Back to the cabin for a ‘quick’ snooze, that turned out to be 4 hours.  Finally feeling half decent again we headed to the Texmex at 8pm, where we had made a reservation.  This is a specialty restaurant, so there is an additional charge of 15EUR which gives you a selection of an appetizer, main and desert.  It is good to note that the drinks package that we are on, does not apply to the specialty restaurant, so drinks were also additional.  It was really good food and I can highly recommend the Texmex on the Fantasia.

From there we had a few more drinks, as we have found our drinking boots again.  Nothing like a few shots at dinner to get rid of the hang over cobwebs and then to the theatre to watch the pirate show they had.  The shows on board have been pretty good quality, and this one was no exception.  They generally go for 30-45 minutes and they have 2 each night to fit in with the dining times.

After spending some time with Stefan at the photo point, we headed back to; yep you got it, the bar and ran into our dinner companions Patty and Joe!  So after a few more drinks with them, they headed to the midnight crepes, and we headed to the nightclub.  It is super weird how the kids are allowed in the nightclub.  Obviously not drinking, but man they should be out by midnight at least right!?  Who needs the flaunting of their youth cramping our drinking style!  Patty and Joe joined us, and we had a few dances, more drinks and more shots to stumble home at 3am.  I ordered the drunken Caesar salads again and ChelC ordered an egg sandwich – ugggghhhhhh, by the time they delivered the food, she was passed out and needless to say the egg sandwich didn’t get eaten.  I only ate one of the salads to only have it come back up again, yes people I had a chucky chucky and it wasn’t pretty.  I can’t remember the last time I was actually sick from alcohol like that!  My guess was there was something wrong with the salad, it could not have been the 5 shots we had, the 5 billion drinks we had, or the mixing of the said drinks, no it definitely had to be the salad right!?  But in my defence it was a clean chuck, not too much on the bed, bathroom clean so at least I do it with little fluff.  ChelC slept through the whole event, so thank-god I didn’t choke on my own vomit, as she would not have saved me – mental note – good to know!

It is a day at sea tomorrow – so no feeling bad that we are missing out on any port stops.  We were supposed to be going to Tunisia, but with everything that is happening in Libya, they have cut that port from the itinerary.  Not a bad thing as we sit and watch the coverage on TV.  Days at sea are a good thing sometimes I think, so you get to see some more of the ship, besides all the bars of course.

That was my uneventful day in Barcelona; I didn’t even leave the ship.  But as mentioned previously, I will be back and I have been before, so Barcelona, we will meet again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment