Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 29, 2012

HUNG OVER LIKE A HANG OVER


WEATHER: Wet and rainy ALL day 30C

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: I’m alive

BUMMER OF THE DAY: I’m alive

WORD OF THE DAY: Vodka? Ughhhhhhhh

OM Goodness.  You know when you first wake up after a drinking session and you know you are going to feel like crap.  Well I woke this morning and actually didn’t feel tooooo bad.  I felt bad, but not too bad.  Nothing some more sleep wouldn't fix.  Frog knocked at the door at 9.30am for a breakfast run which I thought about for like a second and said no thanks and went back to bed.  I got a second knock at 10.45am by the girls for the second breakfast run to which I threw on a dress and we were downstairs with 10 minutes of breakfast time left.  The kids were down already and Jase and Hunter were back at the room as Hunter was not feeling well at all with a chuck and a sore tummy, we’re not sure what is wrong thinking it may be dehydration from all the dancing he did last night and not drinking enough water.

The girls have been waiting patiently for the wedding day to come and go so that they could now get their platted and braided.  So that was what they were off to do after breakfast this morning and after a few prompts from Shelly and Sandy to join them I declined and decided to stay at the hotel and relax.  I offered to look after Hunter, so that they could all go and with the offer taken up they dropped him at my room with a book and some things to do and I switched the channel to the Cartoon Network and we both lounged on the bed for the next 3 hours.  I attempted to pack for a few minutes as today is my last day in Thailand.  I am on a 6am transfer tomorrow to the airport with Bob and Jen, so it is an early start tomorrow but it will be good to leave in the morning from somewhere and arrive on the same day-it has been awhile since I have had a flight that does that.  Hunter was sick twice while he was in my care and I felt so bad that I all I could do was rub his back while he was throwing up in the toilet.  I have to say he was an amazing patient and once he had done his business he was right as rain.  He didn’t have a stomach pain and no headaches so I really am not sure what to make of it all.  The weather outside had really turned by this point and there were some pretty serious thunderstorms and dropping of rain.  I was so glad that we didn’t go and decided to stay indoors-hang over or not. 

Hunter was collected by Jase just after 4pm and the girls were still not back from having their hair done.  Shelly had sent a few text messages and they were still at the hair place.  It was taking FOREVER and each of the girls had a woman each doing their hair!  Can you imagine if they only had one lady to do all three?  I guess it wouldn’t have happened.    I used this time to knuckle down and get the packing done, so when everyone was back I would make the most of my time with them rather than packing when I could have done that while they weren’t here.  I have decided to leave some more things for Shelly to take home, a few tops, 2 dresses and a few bits and bobs.  My bag is now looking better than it ever has, I have been able to close the expander zip and it all zips up nicely without any effort now.  It is more important now as portions of my Sri Lankan trip are on public transport so I had to make it more manageable so I didn’t look like a freak to other travelers. 

The girls were back at 4.30pm after a mammoth 4 hours getting the kids hair done.  Shelly asked if I knew it would take that long and that is why I passed, but their hair looks great and the ladies have done a good job, all for the cost of 10AUD per head.  The girls love hearing the sound of the beads clicking at the bottom of their hair.  In my drunken stupor last night I said I was going to go and get a few braids, not my whole head, but a few,  but decided not to due to my hang-over this morning and as cute as they look on the kids I sometimes wonder if the adults look a little silly with them in.       

Brother Brad and Star joined us for a drink in the party room as it was Brad’s birthday today.  I had to pass on the alcoholic version and settled for a coke, just the thought was not a pleasant one and then we were heading out for a birthday dinner with the birthday boy.  I was so tempted to pass up dinner and just get room service but this was my last night and it was Brad’s birthday so I sucked it up and joined the Ryan’s and Elks for dinner.  Sandy and Jase were staying in, so we decided to leave the weary children with them and ordered them some nuggets and chips for dinner and this is where I had to say good-bye to Zoe and Tess.  I picked Tess up and asked for a massive hug and before I knew it she was bawling her little blue eyes out-she was hysterical.  She was saying that she didn’t want me to go and why couldn’t I stay and she just wouldn’t stop crying.  I tried explaining that she would see me after 8 week-ends to make it sound better than 2 months but nothing would pacify her.  I then gave Zoe a big big hug and even though she had a few tears in the eyes, she was very brave and like the fact that 8 week-ends didn’t sound much and that she hoped Zeme can come next time I come home.  Oh me too sweetheart, me too…..  So with hugs to Hunter, Hads and Sandy it was time to leave a crying Tess on the bed and we headed to dinner.  We had one more stop and that was to Trev and Dayna’s room on the way out to return the suit.  It was nice to be able to say good-bye to them and we will be seeing them over Christmas at some stage. 

Dinner was back at the place we had taken the kids our first night.  It was close to the hotel, it was cheap and the food was good.  Star couldn’t believe that they had a lobster on there for 10AUD so she ordered it out of curiosity and said it was just divine.  Who would have thought you could get a 5 star quality lobster for 10 bucks!  I also caved and ordered a lemon and lime frozen margarita and even with the alcohol in it really hit the spot, so much so that I had another one over the course of the meal.  Well that didn’t take long to get back on the drinking wagon again did it!!!  The small restaurant found out it was Brother Brads birthday and bought out a pineapple drink with a sparkler on it and sang him happy birthday which was nice and a great way to end a recovery day for me and my amazing last 4 days with my best friend, my family and my god-daughters in Thailand.

We were back to the hotel at 9.30pm, I checked to make sure both party rooms were fast asleep and then said my good-byes to Shelly and Shane and with bug hugs and waves till I got to my room, one door down I kept reminding myself that it is only 8 week-ends till I am back in Australia and hopefully I will have Zeme with me all going well.  I have a lot to do in the 4 weeks that I am home, I think about it now and it is a little daunting, but with one step at a time I will just have to do as much as I can with what time I have.  Shelly and I thought 7 weeks wasn’t enough-how the hell will we cope with 4 weeks AND this time we don’t know when I will be back to Australia…. Now that I think about the finality of just that thought brings a tear to my eye but a flutter the stomach to finally be back in reality starting a new life with some-one I love  with new friends, a new job, a new culture to learn adding to my ever growing new experiences.

This is life and we need to live it to the fullest.

Goodbye Thailand and goodbye to my family and see you on the 26th November.   


No comments:

Post a Comment