Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

DAY 8 IN BA

WEATHER: Overcast and humid with spots of rain 32C

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: Sleeping in till 2pm

BUMMER OF THE DAY: Feeling a little hung over in the morning

WORD OF THE DAY:  Chicken nuggets

I was happy to see that when I first woke up at 9am that I had managed to get into my PJ’s.  I had consumed a fair bit of wine and beer last night and I remember saying goodnight and all my conversations but I don’t remember getting into the lift or getting changed.  Well at least I lost my alcohol memory on my way back to my room.  Phew.  Getting in at 3am, waking at 9am I think I was still drunk.  Sharon and Anna had already left for the morning, so Kate and I made the most of the piece and quiet and the air conditioning and we slept till 2pm.  Ahhhhhhhhh it was an awesome feeling and sleeping that day away was a bonus as I then woke up, again, feeling pretty damn fine! 

We showered and changed and then walked to Lavelle Street, which is another pedestrian shopping street that has more restaurants than Florida Street and found a pizza and pasta place and had a bite to eat.  Felt good to not be having Macca’s and the pizza I had was one of the best I have had yet.  It is exactly what the alcohol doctor ordered. 

On our way back to the hotel we collected our washing from the previous day and then went back to the hotel to while away the afternoon ready and getting on the free internet we could access from our room.  That is the one good thing about switching rooms; we could get Wi-Fi from an outside source from level 10 that we didn’t have access to on level 5.

Kate made a dash to Macca’s late in the afternoon for a McFlurry, so I got a large soft drink, so our no Macca’s day had just been destroyed, so I didn’t feel so bad at 9pm I did a Macca’s run and had chicken nuggets again for the, I’ve lost count, time for dinner.  I was a little hungry, but as we were having a really early start tomorrow as we were off to Uruguay for the days, I wanted to put something into my stomach.  Macca’s was the only thing open in my defence.

So not much to report today, a typical hung-over day and I loved it, well not the hung-over bit, but to sleep till 2pm was a luxury.  It is easy to see why Buenos Aires is seen as a party town, it knows how to literally tango and dance the night away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment