Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ON THE 140 DAY SHE RESTED

WEATHER: Glorious and 29C – not a cloud in the sky
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Getting to sleep in till 11am
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Maybe missing the village tour, but I still can’t say I am that bummed about it
BUYS OF THE DAY: My glass of ice-cream that Dave bought – I didn’t pay so that has to be a buy…
WORD OF THE DAY:

CAMP SITE RANKING: Same as yesterday – no changes 5 out of 5 stars

Talk about a hangover.  I remember leaving the bar and walking to the toilets with Leese, seeing Sean jump out of a tent for a micro second, and then the rest of the walk to the tent was a blank.  I woke to still have last night’s dress on and sand everywhere in my bed.  But what a great night and I think I drank copious amounts of beer, which is always better than vodka right? 

There was a village tour departing at 8.30am.  I didn’t put my hand up for it the night before when they were after numbers, so I didn’t feel bad when I didn’t get out of bed to go.,  I honestly don’t think I would have been able to do it.  So I skipped breakfast, rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke at 11am and decided I should at least be out of bed by the time they all came back.  Simbob was walking past the tent at this point, so when I stuck my head out he just started to laugh, I must-have looked a fright for that reaction.  It has been awhile since I have woken with last night’s makeup still on the face and last night’s clothes still on.  So after a freezing cold shower, even washing my hair, I felt like a million bucks.  I went and sat on the deck to get some more blog done, which I am happy to report I am nearly up to date.

After lunch I headed to the beach for a swim in the fresh water lake and some rays before getting back to the blog for the rest of the afternoon.  Some people went diving, some slept and the rest just chillaxed.  It is good to have a rest day on an actual rest day and by the afternoon I was feeling half human again. 

So I have now been travelling for 140 days.  There are so many things I miss, but the most is my beautiful god-daughters.  Seeing their smiling faces and infectious laughs.  We are in touch every couple of days via text messages, they tell Shelly what they want to say and she sends it to me, which is really sweet.  But again I have to say how great my core family is on this tour that keeps the homesickness at bay, which I am thankful for again.  Sometimes non travellers just don’t appreciate how important it is to have great people to travel with.  We had some people from the new group ask if we knew each other before hand that’s how well we get along.  Money cannot buy that.

I won’t mention what time we were all in bed last night, it is quite embarrassing, but we have a few massive travel days ahead of us (good excuse) so we are making the most of some sleep time.


No comments:

Post a Comment