Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I WAS A SUPER LAZY ARSE TODAY

WEATHER: Wouldn’t know I only stepped outside for 5 minutes
HIGHTLIGHT OF THE DAY: Sleep and TV
BUMMER OF THE DAY: Not going on my half day tour
BUYS OF THE DAY: Lunch and dinner
WORD OF THE DAY: The Lazy Song sums me up to day…

Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone
So leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything

I did something really super lazy today.  I had a half day tour booked this morning, which I had pre-paid for.  I set my alarm for 7am, it went off and I hit snooze.  It went off again after 10 minutes and I hit snooze.  This snooze hitting continued another 4 times, yes 40 minutes later, and I just couldn’t wake up.  I felt so so tired.  So it is then 7.40am, if I was too make my tour, I could still do it if I get out of bed now.  Hell what’s one more snooze, well 8am rocked around with the 6th snooze and I decided to chuck in the day tour.  Now that’s pretty lazy right!  I had prepaid (it was only 35AUD) but it was still pre-paid and I didn’t care.  The stupid thing is I kept the snooze hitting every 10 minutes right through till 10.30am!  Man how many snooze hits is that?  It would have to be 21 of them – what a goose!!!!  After re-reading what my 3 hour tour encased I am still glad that I didn’t miss too much, but I think it is just my guilty conscience of some-one looking for me and I am not that kind of person just to not turn up to things.  Bit it happened and I am glad I go the extra rest.  Sorry Greenbus, I hope you didn’t waste too much time looking for me.

So what did I do all day?  I answered some long overdue messages, finished finally loading my Morocco photos, and pretty much watched TV and internet’ed all day.  It sounds like such a wasted day, but if I am to have a down day it is better here than London as I have a manic week ahead. 

Besides having to get 2 visa’s for Africa, Tanzania and Mozambique, I also need to see the Rwanda Consulate about their visa and also need to get to the Brazilian Consulate about their visa.  I also plan to use the London Travel card I purchased before leaving OZ and seeing some of the sights I haven’t been too yet (not sure how ambitious this is given my time frame from dropping off and picking up my passport from said consulates) to also fitting in lunch with an old school friend who will be there the same time as me.  Aimes and George will also be there and we have a theatre date all set for the Wednesday night to see Priscilla and then I have a dinner date with my 2 United hostees on the Thursday night before heading to Nairobi on Friday morning, which I am travelling via Cairo on EGYPT AIR!!!!  During this week I also need to buy a sleeping bag, try and get some new clothes, I’m getting a little sick of what I have after wearing the same stuff for over 100 days and finally get all my stuff sorted and get what I don’t need to The Royal National to store at some point in the 8 days.    

SO – I won’t feel bad having another rest day.  I did leave the hotel for 10 minutes, to go across the road to a ‘health’ food shop called Go Natural that sells sandwiches, juices, salads and pre made healthy meals, as I also missed breakfast here ( this wasn’t included) I was starting to get a little hungry around 3pm.  So I got a chicken pesto sandwich and always a planner, I got a chicken pasta salad for dinner, so I wouldn’t need to go out again.  Geez what a hermit I am today!!!

Oh I also did get some washing done in my defence and I have nearly packed my bag for airline travel again, so it was a productive day all from the comfort of my hotel room.  And I did get some of the finances sorted, as I have a daily limit on my account and it is coming time to start paying for the second half of the trips from August onwards.  So a little organization is required on that front to have the money to the office on time so then they can pay the operator for me.   It is all a juggling act, but as you all may know I am a pretty organized person, so I think I have it all covered!!!  Just like the consulates, I have them all marked on my map and I know what Tube Station I need to get to, to walk to each of them.  Yep, that’s me Mrs. Organized.

I also found out today, that the last of the divorce settlement is to be completed on the 14th July.  That also happens to be my mum’s birthday.  Quite ironic really that I found out on my birthday that she had  passed away, and all the divorce settlement proceedings will be all wrapped up on her birthday.  Bitter sweet and a little random right?  There’s not a day passes that I don’t think of you mum xx

Off to London Town tomorrow.  I hope you all have your fingers and toes crossed for the visa part of the trip.  As my boss pointed out it is all part of the adventure, which I guess she is right, but I will be a whole lot happier once I have those damn stamps in my passport.

I’ve enjoyed Portugal very much – Lisbon is a beautiful city and I am glad I made the effort to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment