Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

**SOS** I’m Looking For Some Ideas** HELP**


Im looking for some unique ideas on how I can document my trip.  I’m not talking about collecting stuff, money, stamps, magents etc,  I do that anyway.  I want something that can be done in each city and / or country.  More along the lines of photographic or something that can be captured on video.

Have you heard of Matt Harding? He is an American also known as Dancing Matt for his viral videos that show him dancing in front of landmarks and street scenes in various international locations.  Harding was known by his friends for a particular dance, and while video recording each other in Vietnam, his travel companion suggested he add the dance. The videos were uploaded to his website for friends and family to enjoy. Later, Harding edited together 15 dance scenes, all with him center frame.  The video was passed around by e-mail and eventually became viral, with his server getting 20,000 or more hits a day as it was discovered.  

What about Andrew Günsberg.  He did a photoshoot called "365 Days". A Challenge to Shoot a Self-Portrait every day for a year. To push himself to be creative. A reason to get the camera out of the bag every day. To document a year in his life.

The ideas we have come up with to date aren’t as grandios as the above two but see what you think about these:
  • As I am travelling to so many counties a photo of breakfast or dinner everyday.  I am sure there maybe some ‘unusual’ foods that will be seen.  But the downside is I may not make breakfast everyday.
  • A photo of my hotel room / tent / accommodations and or the view from them.
  • A photo of the toilets used on the trip.  I think this could be interesting and disgusting all at the same time.
  • Photos of famous landmark ‘shadows’ – I have seen a lonley planet book solely on that, but maybe weather bound
  • A picture of a local from every country ( with permission of course )
  • The good old mascot photo.  I have always taken a mini Elmo on all my holidays – but he has been MIA on the last few trips.  He is now on the packing list for this one.
  • Vegemite reactions.  Get locals to taste some vegemite and take a photo of their reactions.  This would possibly be quite a funny one to do.
  • Making what number day I am up to of my trip out of local products of the country I am in.  So everyday would be spelt out in shells or tea or coconuts for example……
  • The last one I have was to do with the song ‘I’ve Been Everywhere Man’ and substituting the places of that song with the places that I am going to as I visit them, so it would be an on going thing.  I think that would be pretty cool!
Anyway that is all we have come up with so far.  If anyone has an idea they want to share
PLEASE DO – I’d love to hear from you. 

I would just hate to hear a great idea half way through my trip and missed all the countries I had already been to.

**SOS** I’m Looking For Some Ideas** HELP**

No comments:

Post a Comment