Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Meet My Bloggie


Well since I have started a blog – it is only fair that I introduce you to my new gadget that I received at Christmas from the Elkin Family – my BLOGGIE.

It is basically a high definition video camera the size of a small mobile phone.  Okay so I won’t make Steven Spielberg quality movies from the Bloggie, but it is small enough and good enough for the budding videographer that I hope to become on my trip. 

I have had a video camera before – it was bought with all good intentions of regularly  using it 8 years ago, especially on holidays.  But as you maybe aware, I love to take a lot of photos and found that I always had to choose between the photo shot or the video piece, with the camera winning every time and found that the video camera just wouldn’t even make it out of  it’s bag.  With the obvious bulkiness as another downside it was used once on a trip to the USA and it has never see the light of day again.

So why will it be different with the BLOGGIE? 
  • Well the size of the Bloggie is the first plus.  At the size of 5.1cm wide, 1.5cm depth and 10.7cm long it truly is the size of a mobile phone.  That thing will fit in your pocket, bag, bra, where-ever you normally keep a phone this thing will sit right in there as-well
  • The Bloggie doesn’t come with any cords or chargers.  This can be a plus or a downside.  It has a built in USB that flicks out and connects directly to your computer and this is also how it charges.  For me this is a plus.  Less cords to take on my trip – I just have to be organized.
  • No memory cards required.  It has an 8GB memory.  Another plus or downside I hear you say – but do you realize how much video can fit on 8GB?  Trust me – that is a lot of footage.
  • The 3inch touch screen also makes it cool to play with – so for only that reason it will come out and get some ‘play’ time.  It is AWESOME! 
Quite fitting that it is called a Bloggie and I will be using it for my Blog.  I hope to not only share all my gazillion photos but maybe a little footage aswell to give a true feel of what is being experienced.  I am just thankful that as it is a ‘precious’ item meaning it will not be getting any video footage of drunken escapades or drinking nights ( the thought of losing my Bloggie while drunk scares me ) and to be honest I think what the normal camera captures is more than enough information when sharing ‘those’ particular experiences – that is scary enough in the still format.

So I hope that you will get as much pleasure at seeing some video footage from our beautiful world that I will be lucky enough to experience first hand. 

Stay tuned and look out Ron Howard there’s a new kid on the block!

No comments:

Post a Comment