Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

365 days - A Challenge Photo Shoot

"365 Days". A Challenge to Shoot a Self-Portrait every day for a year. To push myself to be creative. A reason to get the camera out of the bag every day. To document a year in my life"
Andrew G

Sometimes I can be creative - most times not. 

I saw on TV a few weeks ago Andrew Günsberg ( the guy with the locks from Australian Idol ).  He set himself a challenge to shoot a self-portrait every day for a year.  His reasoning was to push himslef to get creative and a reason to get the camera out of the bag every day. 

Well I certainly don't need help in the latter part of the statement - for those of you who know me - me and my camera are like x------x this close!  But I think the idea is a valid one and something I could look back on after I come home and for years to come.
I'm going to implement that on my 12 month journey - I really like the idea.

I am travelling for approximatley 404 days - so that's alot of Bernie camera time - but as Andrew mentioned it is an interesting way to document a year in your life - especially as I will be just about in a different place each night - I just need to channel my inner creativity.......

I am also going to select a photo of the day and pop that into a Facebook folder - I hate coming home after a 2 week trip to scour all my pictures to find 'that awesome' photo I took on 'what day' ????  I mean ALL my photo's are good ( of course ) - but there is always that WOW photo.

I generally have 2000-3000 photos from a 2 week trip.  Who wants to guess how many photos I'm going to come home to after 12 months.  I hate to imagine - but my motto has always been that you can never have too may pictures. 

Check-out Andrews photos at:

No comments:

Post a Comment