Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them

Live your dream and share your passion

When you eat, appreciate every last bite

Some opportunities only come only once-seize them

Laugh everyday

Believe in magic

Love with all your heart

Be true to who you are

Smile often and be grateful

…and finally make every moment count

Follow my new adventures: http://berniesafricanodyssey.blogspot.com

Monday, January 23, 2012

MORE OF THE SAME? DRINK GIRLS? I THINK NOT

WEATHER: Glorious again – what a beautiful day

HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: Internet connection

BUMMER OF THE DAY: The power went off at the hotel

WORD OF THE DAY: Beepie  

I think we shocked a lot of people waking up at 8am this morning and I am feeling fresh as a daisy!  I think it was one of those things when you start drinking early; get drunk and not spastic and you are in bed by midnight you can wake relatively unscathed.  There were people heading off to the glacier this morning with the camp owner, but they could only take 9 people, so with us away yesterday, we missed the boat on that and with a few people heading into town with Gray the options for our last day were limited again for the non-walkers.  Apparently the truck was taking people into the park yesterday and they got another flat tyre or a brake pad, they didn’t make it to the walking track and after changing the tyre back to the half dodgy one they headed straight back to camp.  Glad we didn’t come back from our drinking session for that to happen.  So Gray was heading into town to get new truck stuff which was an hour each direction plus the time in town.  I think I will pass.

So Sharon, Helen and I decided to head to the 3 star hotel and share some love and have a nice lunch there.  The food from there the other day was really good, so I knew that we were on a winner and their internet lets you onto all web sites.  They are so nice here and after getting some drinks they had a lounge area on the 3rd level of the hotel that again had magnificent views over the national park and it’s peaks and we nerded up here till 12 noon when the chef lady from the other day came up with a piece of paper in hand.  She had Google’d translated into English what was for lunch which was pea soup, pork and mushroom risotto and a coffee cake for dessert.  Sounded great and for 18USD a bargain and she asked what time we wanted lunch to be served.  What a sweetie!  Just after lunch the power went out, so we lost or charging capabilities and also Wi-Fi, **gasp** I hear you say!  It was probably a blessing in disguise, so we decided to sit out on the balcony and get some fresh air and just to wait and see if the power came back on.  After an hour, it still wasn’t on, so I decided to head back to camp to read my book and catch some of the glorious rays of sun and the other 2 walked back to the 5 star for the internet.  H was waiting on some important emails and needed to use Skype.  So thanks to the 3star hotel for your hospitality, they were so friendly.  On our way out I asked if they could post some postcards that I have been carrying around for the last 3 weeks.  They were stamped, I just couldn’t find a box to pop them in and the guy said he was heading into town tomorrow, so he could do that for me no problems.  Thanks buddy – too kind.  As we were leaving they had a sunscreen dispenser at the front door, so I applied some to the nose on the way out, what a great idea!

So with the girls heading to the 5star I bid them farewell and after walking back to camp, passing around 12 horses that were grazing and getting some more wonderful photos, I pulled out my sleeping pillow, my book, a bottle of water and some chips and read for the rest of the afternoon in the sunshine. So I managed to fill my 3 days here quite well.  Not being a nature bunny, I am happy.  I saw a little of the park, had a girly luxury day, got some contact with the outside world and some sun on the last day.  We are off to Punta Arenas tomorrow and our last night in Chile, in a hotel called Hotel Savoy, only the best for us and then back into Argentina for 2 weeks, Paraguay for 3 nights and then we enter Brazil and on the final run as days count down to the end of this section of the trip, Zeme arriving and the party of Rio Carnival.  27 days and counting.  I hate telling Helen how many days till I see Zeme as that means it will be the end of her trip and time to head back home.  Sorry H.  But the days are passing so quickly and my heart skips a beat when I think about seeing him again.  Is this how ‘love’ feels? 

What other things am I counting down?
27 days till I see Zeme
I’m on day 299 of my World Odyssey
I’m on day 58 of my South American tour with Tucan
99 days left on the tour and Kate and I haven’t killed each other
I have 165 days till I am home – just in time for my god-daughters 7th birthday for 5 weeks……..
…..and lastly I have 223 days till my total Odyssey ends in Ethiopia and my new life starts with Zeme…….

Exciting times ahead – Life is waiting xx


No comments:

Post a Comment